Monday, July 17, 2006

Times are Tough

I'm afraid I have to put up another post that makes an excuse for a long delay in posting. For those that don't remember, times as a student are hard. For those who haven't taken Japanese as a foreign language, I'm afraid I'll just have to make vague allusions to its massive difficulty, because getting into the nuances of indirect passive humble verb conjugations probably wouldn't make any sense. I know they wouldn't have to me before I took this language.

That said, I do have some posts planned, no telling if I'll get to them though. I find it hard to simply cite a source and comment for a few sentences about it. I like to write longer mini-essays, but it seems that isn't very conducive to a busy everyday life. Ah well.

However, for those interested in a view of the world's state of affairs as can be applied to nearly every international situation right now be it the Israeli-Lebanese conflict, or another headline worthy story, check out Sam Harris' The End of Faith. It's been my gym reading for the past week and I'm not sure if I'll post on it or not, but it's certainly something worth kicking around if you've never read it.

I think that's all for now.

No comments: